The world of family business is full of stories of siblings who didn’t see eye to eye. In today’s podcast we’ll hear from a 4th generation brother and sister combo who have carefully managed these relationships to be both productive and fulfilling for their business and their family.
You will learn:
· Make your own mark in business before joining the family business prepares you to join the family business
· The role you take in the family business should be based on the skill sets you are best suited for not family hierarchy
· Develop rules when dealing with conflict – communications, honesty, and respect; talk it out
· Advice for siblings considering joining the family business – Talk about it a lot before making the plunge; have a clearly defined role that matches your skill set
· Develop boundaries between family and business in family gatherings. Remember spouses and children may not understand or even be interested in the operations and issues of your family business
· Have fun!
Our guest today has been Laurie Straus Aronoff and Andy Straus, 4th generation owners, of Goldner Associates founded in 1951 in in Nashville, Tennessee. To learn more about their family business, Goldner Associates, visit their website at www.goldnerassociates.com.
As a FREE Gift for listening to our podcast today, we would like to send you a FREE copy of 80 Questions Every Family Business Owner Should Answer. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply say 80 questions.
To learn more about the Tennessee Center for Family Business, visit our website at www.tncfb.com.